Thursday, May 20, 2010

Istanbul to Jerusalem....or something like that...

(Meant to post this yesterday...but no dice)

Today is our first full day in Jerusalem, and Ben is not feeling well. We only shot until noon today and Ben's resting now. Hopefully he feels better tomorrow since we only have two days to cover Jerusalem. We got some good footage today though.

Israel has been very interesting. This is our 4th day in the country. You definitely get a feeling for how oppressed the Palestinian people are. Our 3 drivers/guides are palestinian and they are fine folk. I think my two favorite things so far have been: 1) We rented a boat and went out on the Sea of Galilee to do some shooting 2) We went up in the hills and shot this monastery in the middle of nowhere on the side of a mountain, it was beautiful.

I want to thank everyone who has been praying for the trip. It has gone well until now and is almost over. The end of the trip is definitely feeling closer. A week from tomorrow I will be back in the States. How weird will it be not to be living out of a suitcase after a month? To hear English spoken in public places? To not have a camcorder attached to my right arm? Ha. It will take a little readjustment. I can tell you, one of the first things I'm going to do is go to Burger King and get a whopper. I had a chance to eat at a Burger King about a week ago, and regret not taking the opportunity. I will make up for it though!

Most of the people who read this blog will probably get a call from me at some point on the 27th. I'll be letting people know when I'm back in the states. I will have 2+ hour layovers in both JFK and D.C. that day.

1 comment:

Jess said...

What must it have been like to be out on the Sea of Galilee?
What an awesome privilege you have been afforded! We will pray for Ben and hope that he is better by tomorrow. Hope you have been feeling better as well.
Love you lots,
MOM